Ticketing, Seating, Guest Information
- Graduates can purchase commencement ceremony tickets for guests in April. Guests must present their ticket to gain admittance to Zellerbach Hall. Please note that graduates will enter Zellerbach Hall at 1:00 p.m. and ticketed guests will be welcomed to enter starting at 1:30 p.m. Guests who arrive late will be asked to quietly take their seats at the back so there is no disruption to the ceremony.
- Commencement tickets will be available via tickets.berkeley.edu, or by phone (510) 642-9988, or in person at the Zellerbach Hall Box Office during their business hours.
- Purchased tickets will be delivered by email only. Mail and will call delivery methods are not available. Students should email email@example.com if they have not received their e-tickets or if they have any general questions.
- All commencement ticket sales are final. No refunds, no exceptions.
- Disability accommodations for graduates and guests: If you or any of your guests require accommodations for disabilities (e.g., wheelchair seating, sign language interpreter, etc.), please contact Pam Gleason at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Important note regarding seating at Zellerbach Hall: All seating is general admission, not reserved, and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Graduates will be seated at the front center section of the auditorium. PhD graduates will be seated on the stage alongside the faculty. Here is a short video on how the PhD faculty advisor will place each graduate’s hood over their head. The hooding of PhD graduates dates back to the 12th century and signifies the graduate’s new doctoral status. After the hooding, PhD graduates can forevermore use the honorific “Dr.” before their name, and “PhD” after their name.
Caps, Gowns, and Regalia
Graduates are responsible for providing their own regalia. Caps and gowns may be purchased from the Cal Student Store. For more information regarding caps and gowns, graduation announcements, and ordering yearbooks, please visit the Cal Student Store website or the brick-and-mortar store at 2495 Bancroft Way. Regalia can be purchased from other vendors, though it’s important to be sure the regalia matches the correct UC Berkeley colors as shown on the Cal Student Store website.
Watch short videos on how to wear academic regalia on Berkeley Engineering's YouTube channel.
We recommend taking public transportation. Reserved parking is not available for commencement. If you choose to drive, please consult the campus map for directions. Parking may be available in campus parking lots on a first-come, first-served basis. You may also park in the surrounding city parking lots. Rates, hours, and restrictions in both campus and city lots may vary. Read all parking signs carefully.
The Berkeley School of Education wants to make the commencement ceremony accessible for all graduates and guests. If you or friends/family members attending the ceremony require accommodations, please contact Pam Gleason at email@example.com.
Information on accessible parking spots can be found on the campus Parking and Transportation Department's website.
Professional photographers from GradImages Photo will photograph every graduate at the moment the scroll is given. For information about ordering photos, visit the GradImages website.
The names of degree candidates who register for commencement on time will be printed in the program. Upon request, a PDF version of the commencement program is available for download and printing.
Non-Graduating Students, and Staff
The Berkeley School of Education's non-graduating students, and staff, are invited to attend commencement. Pick up a complimentary ticket at the Student Services Office on the 4th floor of BWW, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to Noon, and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.