The Cornerstone Program is a year-long course focused on leadership development designed specifically for in- and out-of-classroom teacher leaders interested in improving their ability to engage colleagues and key stakeholders.
The course builds on your experience as a teacher leader working in service of vulnerable and historically-underserved student populations. You will:
- Deepen your understanding of the various dimensions of equity-centered instructional leadership
- Increase coaching capacity through classroom- and field-based practice in and feedback on cognitive coaching
- Develop an operational definition of math excellence and the capacity to match practices to desired outcomes
- Strengthen your professional network to support continuous growth and promote professional resilience
What distinguishes our program from other programs?
- Focus on leadership and equity and their intersection with content, rather than content as the center
- Growth model: expect to see participant growth over time through inputs, support, practice, and supportive networks
- Embraces a model of education leadership that includes classroom teacher leaders, out of classroom teacher leaders, and formal school leaders
- Includes opportunities to expand learning about innovative instructional models
Core Course Modules
- Identity and leadership
- Equity in Mathematics
- Instructional coaching
- Supporting effective classroom assessment
- Developing a systemic lens to support change
- Must hold a clear teaching credential.
- Must hold a position of leadership within the educational agency. Leadership positions include: grade level lead/department chair, ILT member, club advisor, specialist, etc.
- Format: Online
- Cost: $4000
- Credit: 6 CEUs available through Dominican University (for additional cost)
- Program Calendar
How to Enroll
Registration is currently closed. To find out when the Cornerstone Program opens again for registration, sign up for the Leadership Programs monthly newsletter.