The Latinx Leaders Network is open to site and systems leaders in districts served by the Alameda Regional Academy. The Regional Academy serves Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Solano counties.
The Latinx Leaders Network is a space where education leaders who identify as Latinx come together to build community. We aim to build trusting relationships among Latinx school leaders in the Bay Area as a way to support, retain and mentor each other. To accomplish the goals of this affinity group members co-create a confidential, non-supervisory space where the use of reflective storytelling, the processing of complex challenges we experience in the field; and the sharing and mentoring of each other serves to uplift, empower and amplify our community as Latinx leaders.
Monthly meetings occur virtually, with introductory and closing sessions in person.
Community Members will:
- Create a network of Latinx leaders across the Bay Area who will support, uplift, empower, and amplify each other through the sharing of experiences, practices, and expertise
- Reimainge education through Targeted Universalism
- Focus on equity leadership, and continuous learning
- Engage in meaningful conversations, to build community, and promote the sharing of ideas, advice and wisdom
- Expand the use of educational data for justice
- Explore strategies that support improving professional practice and career advancement for Latinx leaders