Key points regarding entertainment policy, roles and responsibilities can be found on this Understanding Entertainment Policy page.
The Help With Entertainment campus resource contains a wealth of links for all entertainment-related questions, including job aids.
To reduce personal spending up-front on entertainment:
- BearBuy can be used for entertainment-related purchases and can be required for larger events which include vendor contracts and purchase orders
- You can request purchases be charged to the department Event Planner credit card by filling out the Event Card Request Form and emailing it the BSO at BSE_BusinessOffice@berkeley.edu. Note: please plan for at least 2 weeks lead time on card purchase requests.
If you are requesting reimbursement for Entertainment: Faculty, staff, and students directly enter all reimbursement requests into UC Berkeley’s Reimbursement System: Reimbursement System Link. Specific information regarding reimbursements for entertainment-related expenses can be found in this resource: Filing An Entertainment Expense Report.
Key requirements for reimbursement requests:
- In order to make your request you will need the following information. If you need assistance with this, check with your manager or contact the Business Services Office via email at BSE_BusinessServices@berkeley.edu:
- Business Justification
- All reimbursement requests must be submitted as soon as possible and no more than 45 days after the date of the expense.
- All expenses $75 or above require receipts/documentation (Link to further information regarding documentation/receipt requirements)