UC Berkeley’s purchasing system is BearBuy: Link to BearBuy System
- All staff, faculty, and student employees have access to BearBuy by default with a “shopper” role.
- An overview of BearBuy and guidance on questions about the system can be found at this BearBuy Getting Started Link.
- BearBuy job aids and reference materials are available at this BearBuy Resources Link.
- BearBuy contains many pre-set options for purchasing office supplies and other regular office needs.
If you need something purchased via credit card (BluCard), or are unable to put in a BearBuy order yourself, you may send a purchase request by filling out this Purchase Request Form and emailing it to the Business Services Office at BSE_BusinessOffice@berkeley.edu. Submit this form at least 2 weeks before any deadline date for the order/request.
Specific types of payment requests: (Submit forms at least 2 weeks before any deadline date for the request.)
- Honoraria: Guidelines and Payment Request Form
- Participant Support: Guidelines and Payment Request Form
- Conference Registration - Request BluCard usage as described above
- Employee recognition awards/gifts: Guidelines (can be purchased via BearBuy or BluCard)
UC Berkeley provides tools for planning purchases and utilizing pre-approved vendor contracts:
- The recommended method of payment for specific types of purchases can be found in the UC Berkeley Purchasing and Payment Method Matrix.
- Existing vendor contracts are listed in the UC Contracts List, and instructions for working with these vendors can be found in the Benefits of using Existing Agreements
If you are working with a new vendor or supplier who will need to get set up in UC Berkeley’s systems:
- Send the Business Services Office an email at BSE_BusinessOffice@berkeley.edu
- Subject line: New supplier
- Include in email: Business Name, Contact person name and email address (required)
- The contact person will receive an email to the address provided with a link to UC Berkeley’s Supplier Onboarding Portal where they will provide all required information.