UC Berkeley’s travel planning system is ConnexUC (Link to ConnexUC system) and is available for use by all faculty, staff, and students.
- If you have not used ConnexUC, start with these instructions for setting up your profile: Profile Setup Link
- If you are planning travel, please start here to understand your options and responsibilities: How to book a trip
- Key points of the travel policy can be found here: UC Berkeley Travel Policy
- Click to view the BSE Travel Training document
To reduce personal spending up-front on travel:
- The Direct Bill option allows airfare to be charged directly to UC Berkeley, more information here: https://travel.berkeley.edu/faq/direct-bill-charge-airfare-directly-uc
- Travel cash advances can be provided in advance if needed, also via ConnexUC, information can be found here: https://travel.berkeley.edu/book-trip/travel-cash-advance
For information on Dependent Travel and Dependent Care Travel Guidelines, please see: Dependent-related Travel Information
If your travel is concluded and you are requesting reimbursement, remember that you will submit ONE reimbursement request per trip. Faculty, staff, and student employees directly enter all reimbursement requests into UC Berkeley’s Reimbursement System (Reimbursement system link).
Key requirements for reimbursement requests:
- In order to make your request you will need the following information. If you need assistance with this, check with your manager or contact the Business Services Office via email at BSE_BusinessOffice@berkeley.edu
- Business justification
- All reimbursement requests must be submitted as soon as possible and no more than 45 days after completion of travel
- All expenses $75 or above require receipts/documentation (link to further information regarding documentation/receipt requirements)